Monday 20 May 2013

Juice detox: the verdict

It's so good to be eating again!

I managed to finish all six days of the Nosh Detox - despite more than a few ohmigod-I'm-starving instances and a pretty rough second night.

So was it worth it (and by that, I mean the £179 and 24 bottles of juice)?

It was probably worth the experience, but I have to say, I'm not sure I'd do it again. 

I might be feeling differently if I had been feeling really run down prior to starting it, but I didn't really feel the big energy boost that was supposed to come around day 4. In fact, on day 5, the pamphlet that came in the bag of juice said, "This is how you should always feel". Hmm - the same as I usually do?

Truth be told, I can see how the juice detox would be a good way to lose weight. I'm not unhappy with my weight and don't generally struggle with it (although my metabolism definitely took a nosedive a few years ago and I do sometimes wish I didn't love ramen and burgers so much), but I actually lost 10 pounds. I went to bed last night (and was still, prior to dinner tonight) lighter than I was in high school. What?!!!

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all come back on in the next few days, especially as I have a fridge full of cheese, bread, and ingredients for all kinds of yummy things that I'm going to make. I also bought two bottles of wine. 

What I have learned, however, is that I definitely need to drink more water. I'm pretty sure my extreme headaches on day 2 were from dehydration (and the shock to my system of near-starvation), but since I basically hate water, my new routine is to put cucumber slices into a jug of water. Much tastier.

So, that's it. No big revelations but still glad I did it...

Anybody else have any other (more interesting) detox stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment