Wednesday 15 May 2013

Juice detox, day 2

I'm lying in bed with my laptop propped at a really awkward angle, but I can't muster up the energy to fix it... I feel like I'm going to die!

Day 2 sucks. Here are the juices I had today:
  • 11:00am: The Rehydrator. Contains passionfruit, strawberry, orange, parsley & flaxseed
  • 1:30pm: The Eliminator. Contains acai powder, pineapple, mango, blueberries, & peach
  • 4:30pm: The Healer. Contains green synergy powder, green leaves, banana, kiwi, & oranges
  • 8:00pm: The Rejuvenator. Contains goji berries, passionfruit, orange, mango & lime
The first half of the day went by smoothly - I was running late this morning so the lemon & ginger tonic was slightly less offensive when I gulped it down at the train station. The Rehydrator and The Eliminator (such a terribly evocative name... a bit gross) were also fine. The Rehydrator in particular was a bit thicker in consistency, so more like a smoothie, which I was into.

My 4:30pm drinks on Days 1 and 2 have both been green, although yesterday's contained avocado and today's contained mystery "green leaves". But after that is when the day started really falling apart! 

What started out as a headache got progressively worse until I had a migraine (well, my type of migraine, anyway - I don't get the aura or sensitivity to light that some people get). When I got up to leave the office, I got clammy, had cold sweats and nearly vomited. I had one of those moments in the bathroom where you wonder if anyone will notice if you sit down on the floor in one of the stalls. :(

When I got home, I got straight into bed, only to get up 10 minutes later when the doorbell rang (yay, four more days of juice had arrived), major GRRRR, got back in bed and fell asleep for about an hour. Eventually, I got up and, since my headache had subsided slightly, I decided to try and drink the 8:00 potion. 

Rejuvenator, my ass! The first sip made me retch so I decided to take a break... which is what I'm doing now. We'll see if I get through the rest of the bottle. 

This is my sad, sad current view

My Aussie friend (whose name is Julia!) says this is normal, and that Day 2 is the worst, and that headaches are a common symptom. She also says by Day 3 things start looking up. The "detox manual" leaflet (which came with the first delivery) confirms the headaches, but not the Day-3-looking-up thing.

Hopefully she's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment