Wednesday 16 May 2012

Wish List Wednesday: Texture!

I've been really into the TEXTURE of my clothes lately - I'm not 100% sure why, but I think it has something to do with getting tired of all the high-street, crappy polyester clothes out there. In fact, I've basically stopped going to H&M and Topshop: as much as I appreciate fast fashion, I've completely gone off of it... not such a good thing for my bank account, although it does mean I'm buying fewer items in general.

Anyway, I think feeling so many crappy fabrics in these types of stores gave me a craving for interesting, more "authentic"-feeling materials.

The results:

A loopy skirt by Rag & Bone from The Outnet that I've been loving ever since I tried on the matching jacket over a year ago. Here's a photo of me at an event in Vancouver's Holt Renfrew wearing it. 


A teensy back story: I had interviewed the designers earlier that day and have never blushed so much in an interview. It all started when I said my boyfriend was British and co-designer David Neville said, "Oh, you like British boys, do you?" with his little twinkly eyes, to which I replied, "Yes, but I've also met your wife!" (His wife is makeup artist Gucci Westman, and I met her years ago, backstage at New York Fashion Week). Such "cheeky chappies", as they say here.

Another photo from the event. Us three girls are all trying on Rag & Bone dresses; I ended up buying that red/maroon one. Our retro-school-picture pose was Joy's idea :)

More texture: this time via Zara (the one high street store I still do love). This beaded and embroidered clutch was the last one - and I kept such a firm clutch (sorry, couldn't resist) on it that the changing room attendant let me bring it into my room while I tried on a skirt (they never allow accessories in there). Woo!

And my last bit of texture - so I'm pretty sure these ARE polyester, but how amazing are they?! I got these Isabel Marant beauties at the Shop at Bluebird, a gorgeous boutique in Chelsea that has an amazing buy. These are also available in black (though what's the point, when you have black hair). 

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment