Friday 10 February 2012

I love London buildings

I love the architecture in London—all the variety of it, the old buildings that keep on giving and being used, the crumbling brick, and how grand everything (okay, almost everything) manages to look, regardless of the state they're in.

I passed this row of houses the other day in Belsize Park, which is a lovely area in northwest London (and also the area where Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin live).

I love the red brick - and since seeing the row, I've noticed that there actually is a lot of red brick in London. Up until now, I (for some reason) had only noticed a lot of old, white houses and dirty, sandstone-coloured fences and bridges.


I don't know who lives here, but I wish it was me. This lovely semi-Tudor-style house is about 5 minutes from Swiss Cottage tube (I've seen similar lovely houses, but mostly in Surrey or Richmond, which is a bit farther of a commute), and I love the circular drive.



I spotted this corner building in Farringdon, in east London. I love its tall, tiny little tower on the corner.   More photos of some other great buildings coming soon.


1 comment: