Friday 6 January 2012

Then came Spain...

Before moving to London and after leaving Canada, I spent two months in Spain, with the idea of relaxing, enjoying being jobless and (relatively) responsibility-less, and waiting for Elliot to finish up the Ibiza and Mallorca Rocks season.

Here are a few snapshots to summarize those two months:

These are my friends, Karen and Diane from Toronto. They'd planned to go to Greece, but changed their plans when I said they should come to Spain instead! They were the first guests to stay with us at our apartment in Santa Catalina.

Marc Fosh's new restaurant in Palma, Misa Braseria. It was delicious; read the NY Times T Magazine review here.

Fish Spa in Palma, Mallorca. This was definitely the most ticklish "spa" treatment I've ever had, and though they've become fairly popular in Europe, I'm not sure I would try it again. I've since heard that these little fish can harbour bacteria in their teeth. Ick.



I went on as many friends' boats as possible. This photo was taken from Elliot's friend Graham's boat, which we took to Formentera. Filling up in Ibiza before we departed cost €500!

Elliot and I rented a little sailboat at this beach. The school didn't even require me to show that I'd taken a sailing course back in Vancouver (at Macsailing at Jericho Sailing Centre)! Only in Spain.

We made our first Spanish omelette. It was pretty tasty but didn't look as professional as the ones at the tapas bars.

This is on the old Pacha boat that was rented for a friend's 40th birthday! I was drunk about 30 minutes after setting sail.



On one of our trips over to Ibiza, we stayed at the Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel (a legendary place where Freddie Mercury often stayed). These tiny little kittens were hidden in a tree; the entire family was lovingly adopted by the hotel staff.

By October, it was cool enough to need fall/winter slippers. These are a traditional Spanish style, handmade in Inca from suede and lined in sheepskin and can be found in most of the little markets in Mallorca.



No comments:

Post a Comment