Monday 16 July 2012

A Monday whinge

Blame it on the weather, but I'm feeling peevish and cranky. Here is my current list of things that annoy me:

- weird British pronunciations. Not so much when it comes to names that are not pronounced the way they are spelled (i.e. the town of Reading is inexplicably pronounced "Redding", while Chiswick is "Chissick", but I'm fine with these), but these words:
  • urinal: pronounced here as "ur-eye-nal". Urine is still "ur-in", so why suddenly the long I?
  • router (as in an Internet router): pronounced here as "rooter". Ugh, although this one is slightly more forgivable.
  • and many others I will add to in the coming days
- people who whinge but don't do anything about what they're whinging about (though I guess I could be blamed of this as well, since I often don't inform these people that I am tired of hearing about their problems)

- THE RAIN

I do, however, like these photographs of London in the rain. They are so gloomy, it is almost hilarious! Source: these are all from the Urban 75 blog, which features photos from "Brixton, London, Wales, New York and more".


Joy!

A rainy maple leaf

Fucking car. I swear drivers do this on purpose. Apologies if I have ever done this to you.

This poor, poor woman! Last thing she needs.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment